Friday, October 2, 2015

Friend of the Earth Award ;)

Just felt like sharing something from my old memories ...

I dont remember exactly how came to know about this website called "donateyourpc.in", this organization is dedicated for collecting the old , unused working desktop computers from anyone who is interested to give their PC's to them and inturn they would give it to an NGO in need of PC. I did like this concept and I had an old PC with me too, but it was not in working condition.

 I already bought a new PC and scrapped the old PC in our storage room .I decided I need to make my PC in working condition which I bought in 2002 and at ones give it to this organization. After getting it repaired for few bucks, I put my PC for anyone to take on their website on Nov 2013. 
 
My first Pentium 4 PC 
 And after two months , I get a call from these guys from NGO named Zeenath Social & Educational Organization which is dedicated for upliftment of children in rural areas by educating them  and they intend to blend technology oriented learning by making extensive usage of computers and in this process  they are in need of PC's.  I remember the call from Mr. Jamal, who was working with the organization and at that time  was running a camp in Kurnool district, called me to tell more about their organization. I was deeply impressed by their work at ones decided to give my PC to them and on January 25th,2014 the organization representatives collected my dearest PC. Later on , Mr. Jamal called me to thank me and also offered me to come to one of their conference in Agra. But due to office obligations, I did not go. 

Later one day , as a small token for my PC, the guys from Donateyourpc.in send me this certificate ;). I felt happy for this.


Thank you guys from donateyourpc.in , But now I think they have closed their organization for unknown reasons. Yet they were able to make a mark by providing the platform between donors and receivers and over 400 PC's were exchanged as far as I remember from their website. That was great achievement as far as I'm concerned and kudos to the entire team:) 

 Stay happy and Keep Smiling 
Vamsi








2 comments:

  1. Such kind acts from you inspire all of the people around you - be it family, friends or colleagues!!! Well done, I knew about this certificate and proud of you to have done it, I will try and do similar charity work to the best of my ability whenever possible.

    Cheers ra Vamsi!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and all the best to you my friend :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...