Sunday, January 11, 2015

Barrister Parvathisham

This is the book , I was longing to read ever since I have completed my schooling way back in 2001.And now I finally found the copy of this wonderful book. I wanted to make sure to read this book before I die. So after waiting for literally 14 years , I was able to get a copy of this book.

This hilarious Telugu Novel written in 1924 by "Mokkapati Narasimhasastri" , a renowed writer in Telugu Language. Though only a small portion of this book was made as  our school syllabus, but while reading this novel, it always ensured that my smile never faded away from my face. This novel arouse a tremendous interest for Telugu novels within me.


This book is all about the humorous adventures of "Parvathisham" a naive and traditional person from backward village in Andhra Pradesh, who sees Barrister course in England as only way to solve all his problems. ( Barristers are someone who specialize in courtroom advocacy, drafting legal pleadings, and giving expert legal opinions.) . The book is all about his struggles to reach England and mingle with English culture while pursuing his course with no background knowledge of English language and their customs as well .

Though , I haven't started reading this book, but I'm quite happy and excited that one task I set out for myself before I die , will be done within a month.

THINGS TO BE DONE BEFORE I DIE
.
.
.
.
. SOMEHOW GET A COPY OF BARRISTER PARVATHISHAM AND READ IT  DONE:)
.
.
.


Dear readers , Do you have any book in your mind that you always wanted to read but couldn't get a copy to read ?? If so , do share your experiences in the comment section below. 

Stay Happy and Keep Smiling
Vamsi :) 



2 comments:

  1. I have never come across this book ra Vamsi, but now after reading this post, I got curious, so will keep it in my list to read sometime!!

    Well, I used to have this habit of reading novels until college life, but since I've joined my first job and got into a routine, I have read only a few books and was never consistent but really wish to get back to the habit of enjoying reading!!!

    At the moment, I have no books in must-to-read list, but I will add this one to my list!!!

    Cheers ra!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised that you never heard about this book!!. Its hilarious and made me rofl in my school days. Still fresh in my mind and that is reason just couldn't remove from my mind. I'm sure you will definitely enjoy this telugu novel buddy:)

      Cheers

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...