Sunday, July 16, 2017

Travel Post-3


I got a chance to visit the SDSC, facility of ISRO. ISRO needs no introduction and its success stories marks its level of standards the organisation is maintaining. SDSC stands for Satish Dhawan Space Centre formerly known as SHAR which stands for Sriharikota High Altitude Range, located near Sri harikota, Nellore. This facility is known for its launch of India's prestigious space vehicles such as PSLV ,GSLV etc. I went to SHAR via chennai.  I will briefly share few pictures of my journey as well.

The plan was simple. Land in chennai and take a cab to SHAR facility and come back to Chennai and land in Hyderabad. It was just 2 day program along with my colleagues.

After a gap of almost 10 years, I'm visiting Chennai and I was pretty much excited to visit this city.

Lord Nataraja welcomes at Chennai Airport

Mahabalipuram Temple Replica in the Chennai Airport.
The visit to ISRO was memorable to me since this organisation inspired me to reach the position of what Im today.  I owe particularly to the live telecast on DD-1 of its PSLV- C2 launch on May 26th , 1999 which was the turning point of my life( I will discuss this in detail in another post). The technical aspects of the visit cannot be discussed  here but the over all facility and the infra structure is just a feast to my eyes and gave proper food for thought for many ideas which can implemented in my work as well. 

The Legends of ISRO in a single picture ;)
The Chengalamma Temple near sullurpeta is very famous temple which is visited by ISRO personnel every time before  the launch to take the blessing of the Goddess Chengalamma. I happen to visit this temple as well and take blessing of the Goddess. 

Chengalamma Temple
After visit to SHAR , we came back to chennai the very same day. The next day we had sometime for sight seeing and decided to visit the famous Saravana stores near chrompet which is known for wide variety of clothes etc. 


I happen to buy cotton sarees for my mother after a long time and she felt happy when I gifted her the sarees.


In the end, it was another memorable tour from all perspective as I gained a lot from this tour. I hope to travel more in the year of 2017 which was one of my goals for this year.

Stay Happy and Keep Smiling 

Vamsi







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this travel experience with us, These all images also looking so beautiful that you have shared. you can also visit agra in cheap prize book one day tours like Same Day Taj Mahal Tour By Train

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful places Thanks for sharing this tour experience guide with us. i am so excited to travel in this cities and also want t o visit these religious places. Great guide keeps sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...